dinsdag 20 oktober 2009

Knotroot

Rediscovering locality? Googling these words I found “A case of traditional vegetables in Kyoto.” It sounds somewhat like the title of a poem or an absurd theatre play. In Holland there’s some serious attention for “forgotten vegetables” these days. I love that term, forgotten vegetables.
“Honey, where did you put the leeks?”
“Damn, I must have left them on the roof of the car when I tried to find my keys.”
But seriously. Some forgotten vegetables: rutabaga, knotroot, salsify, scorzonera, Jerusalem artichoke.
Maybe I can ask some people of the older generations in Cork about their “forgotten vegetables” and start a little vegetable garden in the Basement Project Space. Good idea. Only it’s October and I’ve only got three weeks. Mmmm.
Different approach: maybe I can find the forgotten vegetables and make some memorable dishes. Invite some neighbours who don’t know each other for dinner.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten