zondag 1 november 2009

Fire and water

Today was a blissful day, a Sunday, a sunny day. I arrived early at the Basement Project Space. The streets were empty like they should be on a Sunday. The Space was still there. No smoke. No ashes. Everything was just the way I left it yesterday just after the fire alarm rang for half an hour. False alarm, the neighbours said but I was a bit hesitant to leave. What if.....?

I went to the Glucksman Gallery for a film screening and coffee but the cafe was closed and the screening was postponed. No worries. I went on another chewing gum hunt instead. In the park I walked into the cutest and dirtiest dog I ever saw. There was no doubt he was going to jump me and I didn’t mind, not today.

I walked back into town and it started to rain just as I arrived at the houses where the rainbows are being made. I never realised where those colors came from until today.

Torturing myself at the bookshop (is there really no space left in my suitcase?), buying groceries at Tesco (the man who invented salt & vinegar chips is a genius), making new drawings at my desk in the project space.

Ten o’ clock. Time to leave. No fire today. “But make sure you don’t leave any equipment on the floor” Lorraine tells me. “The river might flood.”

I’ll bring my boots tomorrow.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten